Kode Iklan Adsense 300x600
Kode Iklan Adsense In Article Ads

Christina,
Thanks so much for all the recipes, particularly the kolache one. Have never made them but decided to to be sure we gained the quarantine fifteen. My grandparents came from the very southern part of Moravia (10 km from Slovakia). She used to make kolaches about every other week. On the opposing weeks she made what we called “coffee cake”, but I now realize it was just a huge kolache that you cut with a knife into pie slices. Made in a pie pan, the outside 3/4 inch was looked a bit like a pizza crust. The entire 7 or 8″ middle was filling atop about a 1/2″ base: poppy seed, prune, raspberry cheese or apricot. Oh, or apple. My job on Saturday morning was to grind her poppy seeds. I don’t remember watching her make them, although I suspect I occasionally did. I have been wondering how she made them, and finally realize it’s probably just a giant kolache. I will use your recipe and just make it large in a pie pan. Wish me luck. (And she called it neither “koh lah chee” or “koh lah che”, but something in between. But then people here pronounce things differently from people 100 miles away. So potato potahto. Thanks again.



source https://www.dessertfortwo.com/authentic-czech-kolaches/#comment-27174434192453767
Kode Iklan Adsense Responsive